Dryer vent cleaning Summerville, SC
(And If you Air Duct Cleaning in Charleston, SC JUST CALL US NOW: (843) 412-8569 ? )
Dryer vent cleaning Summerville, SC – Most homes in South Carolina have a dryer to help with their laundry needs. These appliances provide half of the method for keeping the clothes of the household clean. These machines work by spinning clothes in a large drum to tumble out any excess water. The air is then heated and blown through this drum to dry the clothes quickly and efficiently. When the air is blown into the dryer, it needs a way to come out of the dryer. This is the purpose of the dryer vent and the dryer ducts in the home. It allows for the safe removal of this exhaust that a dryer creates and channels it outside of the home. Unfortunately, when this air blows through the clothing, it picks up lint and fibers of the clothes. The lint trap helps to collect this, but a lot can be blown out of the dryer. Over time, this can collect in the vent and ducts. Dryer vent cleaning is often necessary to remove this build-up and prevent serious issues with the dryer. Fortunately, there is professional and reliable service available to provide dryer vent cleaning in South Carolina. Customers can call 843 412-8569 to get affordable dryer vent cleaning in Charleston SC.
Signs of a Clogged Dryer Vent
Although regular dryer vent cleaning is recommended to prevent clogs from occurring, it may not always be apparent when a clog has occurred. Residential customers can watch for these simple signs to know if their dryer vent needs to be cleaned.
- Longer Drying Times- If it seems that the dryer needs to run longer and longer each time to get the same amount of clothes dry, there may be a blockage in the vent or duct that prevents the exhaust from being expelled properly.
- Clumps of Lint- If there are clumps of lint around the outside opening of the dryer duct or on the ground near it, there may be a clog or problem with the dryer duct. As the air pushes through, the clumps are coming out, but there may be a lot more inside the ducts.
- Getting Hot- If the exhaust is not being expelled properly due to a clog in the vent, it may cause things to heat up more in the dryer. This can make the clothes feel hotter than normal. It can also make the machine feel hot on the outside. This overheating can cause damage to the dryer and should be avoided.
- The smell of Burning- If there is a burning smell or smoke, the dryer needs to be shut off immediately and the source found. Dryer lint is very flammable. If there is a clog in the line from this lint, it could catch on fire and create a risk for the entire house.
If any of these signs are noticed, it is important to get dryer vent cleaning as soon as possible. There are companies in the Charleston SC area that provide residential dryer vent cleaning services that are professional and reliable. To get help today, call 843 412-8569.
Benefits of Dryer Vent Cleaning
There are additional benefits for the homeowner by having dryer vent cleaning performed regularly in their home. These benefits help to provide a safe and comfortable home and can even save homeowners money throughout the year. Residential Dryer vent cleaning benefits include:
- Prolong the Life of the Dryer- By having a clear method for the dryer to expel its exhaust, it does not have to work as hard to get the clothes dry. In addition, it does not heat up and wears out the parts as quickly. This ensures the dryer lasts as long as the manufacturer designed it to.
- Save on Energy Costs- When dryer vent cleaning is properly performed, the dryer works as intended. With a clog, it must work harder or takes longer to dry the clothes. This can increase the amount of energy used to dry clothes in the home.
- Maintain a Safe Home- A clogged dryer vent can be a serious fire risk in the home. Whether it is ignited by the dryer or another risk, dryer lint can burn quickly and pose serious risks to the home and the safety of that inside. Regular cleaning prevents this issue.
To take advantage of these benefits, residential customers can contact the experts at 843 412-8569. Their team of experts will provide a thorough assessment of the dryer vent and ducts. They will also provide complete and thorough cleaning of the entire area. This will ensure homeowners can continue using their dryer in a safe and efficient manner.